Zenla!

Zenla!
Hollywood Glamour

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Voyeur thru the Glass Block

I had the idea of using the glass blocks in my bathroom after a shoot where the photographer used tall grass in front of him to suggest a voyeur lurking and watching me from afar.  I thought that a photo taken from outside our bathroom window, viewing me thru the blocks might be fun.

We picked a day when most of my roommates were out of town so as not to disrupt them and distract us. The Photographer arrived bright and early.   He bustled in and got busy putting in lamps and other equipment into the bathroom.  I sat in the living room in my nightgown and bathrobe drinking my first cup of coffee.  I had been up till two so had only gotten six hours sleep.  The house was a disaster, laundry on chairs, dining table covered, unfolded blankets on couch and floor, cups, mail, shoes everywhere.   I am so glad that he has been to my place a couple times before and knew it is not how the place usually looks.  I excused it by saying that the house explodes when I am not around to clean up.  I have been home very little lately because of 12 hour work shifts and a bunch of modeling opportunitites.  Roommates, gotta love them.

One roommate did come home unexpectedly and headed for the bathroom but I stopped her and said, "You'll have to watch out for the lights and equipment in there, or you can wait for about a half hour."  She took one look in the small room and said she would come back when we were finished. The photographer messed with his lenses and other things in the living room. I could tell he was nearly ready for me, so I got moving and I brushed my teeth, put mascara and lipstick then stepped into the bathroom, tossed off my nighty and robe and stepped into the shower and pressed myself near the blocks. I heard him heading for the back door to get on the other side of the open window with the wall between me and the camera. I called to him to just leave the back door open and let the dogs in so they would not bother him.  I was glad the dogs already knew him.

The shoot went well, the lighting he had put near the mirror shined through our glass block wall and illuminated me well.  We took a number of shots, with different poses and facial expressions and angles but it was all very quick.  The set up took a lot more time than the shoot.  The image is somewhat risque but I still feel its quite intriging and tasteful.

No comments:

Post a Comment